Recipe of the Month
By Tonya Bevins | 03 September 2013
Roasted Beef Tenderloin w/ Red Pepper & Black Olive Sauce
- 2 2 lbs. center cut beef tenderloin (4 lbs. total)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 5 whole roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped, well drained, pat dry
- 2 cloves garlic, popped from skin
- Handful flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup good quality pitted black olives, such as Kalamata, drained well
- Salt & pepper
- Crusty bread, sliced
- Preheat oven as high as it goes, 500 degrees F
- Liberally coat the meat with extra-virgin olive oil and grill seasoning. Place the meat on a roasting rack or in a roasting pan, add a splash of water and place in oven. Roast the meat 10 minutes on high then reduce heat to 350 degrees F and cook 30 minutes more. Do not open oven during those first 10 minutes. Remove meat from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Place roasted peppers in food processor and add garlic, parsley, olives, salt & pepper. Process and stream in olive oil, about 3 tablespoons.
- Thinly slice meat against grain and serve with crusty bread with olive sauce.
Serve with a glass of Raven's Glenn R2 Click on the name to purchase a bottle from our online wine store.